Peter's father-in-law owned a milk bar at 111 Hoddle St from 1955 to 1960. The building is still standing but is now a psychology clinic. He then moved down the road to 107 Hoddle St from 1960 to 1971.
As a young girl, Peter's wife would picnic with her dog directly outside the shop – on the grass in the middle of the road.
The photo above is of 111 Hoddle St in 1955 with proprietors Bob and Ivy Smithwick.